Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pesto, Spinach, Basil Chicken with Greek Yogurt, perfect quick toddler meal!





My whole family loved this Pesto Spinach Chicken meal.  I pureed the chicken into the mixture to make it easier for my toddler to eat.  My son and I ate it on corn tortillas (as I am gluten free) and my husband used whole wheat bread.  I topped it with mozzarella cheese, tomatoes and a spinach, chard, kale mixture.  I do not usually measure my ingredients, I just kind of throw things together.  Here are the ingredients I used:

Can of chunk chicken (any chicken chunks should work- can was just quicker)
Fresh basil (I used most of a small package)
Parmesan cheese
Greek yogurt (I used about 2 and 1/2 spoonfuls)
Garlic (you can use a few cloves or I just poured in some garlic powder)
A big handful of a Spinach, Chard and Kale mixture (you can just use one or all 3
Coconut oil (I just used a small amount.)

I put everything except the chicken in the food processor and blended.  Then I added the chicken and blended it until all the chunks were gone.  I blended to chicken to make it easier for my toddler to eat.  Optional but I heated the tortillas with the spread  and a little mozzarella cheese on top in the microwave for  about 25-30 secs, then added tomatoes to mine.  I cut Little Dude's into to small slices for his hands to hold.  He LOVED it.  He ate two whole tortillas full! 

Enjoy and please let me know if you have any questions.  Thanks for reading!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment